Parents at Wells
At Wells, parents and family members play an essential role as partners in our students’ academic success. A variety of opportunities exist for involvement in the school; we look forward to your participation.
Local School Council (LSC)
LSC's play a role in decision-making at the local school level. The primary responsibilities of LSCs include approving how school funds and resources are allocated, approving and monitoring the implementation of the annual school improvement plan, and hiring and evaluating the school's contract principal.
- Meeting: The LSC meets every 2nd Thursday of each month. All parents are invited to attend.
- Location: Room 102
- Contact: Main Office (773) 534-7010
Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
The PACs exist to provide parents/legal guardians, teachers/staff, and concerned community individuals with the opportunity to work with their principal in the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Title I Program. The PACs serve as an advisory group by providing input on amendments and future Title I programs. PACs jointly develop and approve a parent involvement policy, which includes the school-parent compact. PACs also provide and share NCLB Title I information updates received from the New Region PAC.
- Meeting: The PAC meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month. All parents are invited to attend.
- Location: Room 106
- Contact: Ms. Deborah Garcia - firstname.lastname@example.org - (773) 534-7832
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Chaperone: Field trips, dances, games, etc.
- Support: Attend School Events (e.g. plays, games, concerts, etc.)
- Fundraisers: Plan and coordinate events that generate revue to support the school.
- Parent Portal: Assist with monitoring safe passage before and after school. Click on the following links to access Parent Portal Orientation documents in English & Spanish.
- Volunteer: Assist in library, special education classrooms, at recruitment events, etc.
- Donate Time & Talent: If you have a particular talent that could support the school, we would ask that you consider donating that to the school (e.g., event planning, marketing, coaching a team, material development, resume writing, etc.)