All students entering 9th grade or enrolling in Chicago Public Schools for the 1st time must have a current physical exam (State of Illinois Certificate of Health) and proof of required immunizations as required by Illinois Law. Any student who does not have a physical exam and immunizations on file with the School Nurse, will be excluded from school until the required records are received. If you need assistance in obtaining the health requirements please contact the Chicago Department of Public Health at 312-826-9600.
If your child has any medical condition such as asthma, diabetes, or epilepsy, please provide all necessary medical information to the school nurse to ensure that your student is properly cared for in school. We request an annual medical update for students with a chronic illness. Make an appointment with the school nurse if you have any concerns or if your child requires any type of medical accommodations in school.
School Health and Safety
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL IF:
- Your child has a temperature greater than 100°F
- Cough with Mucus
- Please contact your school nurse or medical provider for guidance
- All students receiving an early dismissal due to illness must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Emergency contact information should be updated and accurate at all times. Please inform the school when names, phone numbers and emails are changed.
- Students who wish to participate in Athletic Programs must have a completed Sports Physical on file. Failure to do so will result in student being excluded from participation.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please call (773) 534-7010